Are you a Small / Medium Enterprise or Entrepreneur looking to implement the Emal Marketing Services in your business? Are you still looking for the best email marketing software for your business that can fulfill all your email marketing requirements? So congratulations, you are landed on the best article where I will compare two known email marketing software i.e. Getresponse vs Mailchimp.
Email Marketing is one of the most important and effective parts of Digital Marketing by which you can promote your product, services and content to your existing customer, and you can also reach the new customer with offers and details
The first problem that you face when you move to set up email marketing for your business is that to choose the best email marketing software which meets your business requirements; while researching the best email marketing software for your business, you probably heard about the Getresponse vs Mailchimp
Choosing the best email software for your business at the beginning of your email marketing journey is important because you will face some difficulties if you move from one software to another.
With years of experience in Email Marketing, In this article, I am writing the unbiased Review and comparison article between two known email marketing tools, i.e., Getresponse vs Mailchimp
Both Getresponse vs Mailchimp are the two leading email marketing software companies, but there are some differences in their features. Until the last of this article, I assure you that you will choose the best email marketing software for your business as per your business requirements.
Are You In Hurry? Then Check Out Below!
Suppose you are in a hurry and don’t have much time to read the complete article about the comparison between Getresponse VS Mailchimp. Then I suggest you choose the GetResponse Email Marketing software because Getresponse has much more features than Mailchimp.
Some of the features that are not available on Mailchimp are eCommerce features, webinars, conversion funnel, push notification, chat functionality, and more.
If you are not satisfied with my suggestions and want to check out the full detailed comparison between Getresponse vs Mailchimp in the below section, carefully
GetResponse vs Mailchimp : Basic Introduction
Getresponse is one of the best email marketing software that helps any type of business in their email marketing journey.
It was established in 1998 by Simon Grabowski in Poland, although its office is also available in the US, Canada, Malaysia, and Russia.
Getresponse has more than 350,000 active customers worldwide, and Getresponse is available in 27 Different languages to the date of writing this post.
Mailchimp is also a well-known Email Marketing company that was recently named one of the best global software companies of 2021 in G2.
It was established back in the year 2001 by Ben Chestnut & Dan Kurzius. IT is based in Atlanta, although its office is also in Brooklyn, Oakland, and Vancouver.
Features of Getresponse vs Mailchimp
Let’s focus one by one of the major differences between Getresponse vs Mailchimp in details
Plans and Pricing
As both Getresponse vs Mailchimp has a different feature, so the Plans and Pricing are also different
Getresponse provides you a free trial of 30 days in which you can fully explore their services before making a decision. If you like the Getresponse services, you have to get their subscription on the billing period of Monthly, Annually, or Biannually.
The prices of the plans change in Getresponse as the number of contacts increases. You can choose the plan of a minimum of 1000 contacts and go up to 100,000 subscribers. You can get started by selecting the plan with minimum contacts, and later when you need more contacts plan, then you can increase your list in just a click.
Here I am discussing the pricing of the plans which contain 1000 subscribers
Here I am discussing the pricing of the Getresponse plans which contain 1000 subscribers
- Basic – If you start with the basic plan, you have to pay $15/Month.
- Plus – If you choose the Plus plan, then you have to pay $49/Month.
- Professional – If you choose the Professional plan, then you have to pay $99/Month.
- Max – This is the Personalized and Flexible plan; if your requirements do not meet with any of the plan, you can contact the Getresponse customer support and ask for the Max plan.
Mailchimp does not provide a free trial, but it has a dedicated FREE PLAN by which you can use Mailchimp if you have less than 2000 contacts, but there are many limitations in the free plan.
If you want full access to Mailchimp, then you have to subscribe to their premium plans.
- Essential – You have to pay only $9.99/Month for 500 contacts.
- Standard – You have to pay only $14.99/Month for 500 contacts.
- Premium – You have to pay only $299.00/Month for 10,000 contacts.
The features of all the plans of Getresponse vs Mailchimp are different it means you will get the extra features in a large plan compared to the low plan.
I suggest you go with the basic plan first before moving to another plan.
List Size (Number of Contact)
List size is the number of contacts in your email marketing tools. The pricing of the plans in email marketing tools increases as the number of contacts increases, whether it is Getresponse or Mailchimp. There are some differences in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp like
In all plans of Getresponse, you can start with the minimum list size of 1000 contacts, and whenever you want to change the list size, you can do that with just a click.
Mailchimp has 4 Plans and all plans have different list size limits;
- In Free plan, you can get a list size of 2000 (fixed) with email sending and features limitations.
- In Essential plan, you can get a list size of 500 contacts with some feature access.
- In Standard plan, you can also get a list size of 500 contacts but full feature access.
- In premium plan, you can get the list size of 10,000 contacts with unlimited advanced feature access.
The main drawback of Mailchimp list size is that it can charge you for subscribed and unsubscribed subscribers, but Getresponse can charge only for the active number of subscribers.
For example, suppose you have 500 email contacts on both Getresponse or Mailchimp Email Marketing Software. In that case, you launch an email campaign to all your contacts in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp, and 50 Subscribers unsubscribe you in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp.
Then Getresponse can only charge you for 450 subscribers (Number of active subscribers), but Mailchimp can charge you for 500 subscribers (Number of Active Subscribers + Number of Inactive Subscribers)
Email Sending Limits
Getresponse vs Mailchimp mainly focus on providing the email marketing service. So once you choose and purchase the best plan of Getresponse vs Mailchimp as per your business requirements, you don’t have to pay extra for sending emails to your contacts. But there are some differences in email sending limits of both Getresponse vs Mailchimp like
Getresponse provides you the facility to send an unlimited number of emails per day to all their contact in all plans, including the basic plan.
But in Mailchimp, there are some limitations in email sending limits
- In Free Plan, you can only get the email sending limit of 2,000/Day or 10,000/Month to your 2000 contacts.
- In Essential Plan, you can only send the 10X number of emails to your contact list. If you have 500 contacts, you can only send 500*10 = 5000 emails/day.
- In Standard Plan, you can only send the 12X number of emails to your contact list. If you have 500 contacts, you can only send 500*12 = 6000 emails/day.
- In Premium Plan, you can only send the 15X number of emails to your contact list. If you have 10,000 contacts, you can only send 10,000*15 = 150,500 emails/day.
Marketing Automation is a built-in automated system by which the email marketing software can send the predetermined email to the subscribers when triggered by any event in a specific time interval.
If you ever subscribed to any website newsletter, you may relate that you regularly receive the email from that website. It is a one-time setup option where the website owner can set up the different emails for upcoming weeks, and the subscriber can receive the email regularly.
Automation helps you to maintain your relationship with your email newsletter subscribers regularly.
In both GetResponse vs Mailchimp, you will find the built-in options of Automation, but some of the options and features of both Getresponse vs Mailchimp automation are the same, and some are different.
The same features of both automation systems are:
- Both Automation system is easy to operate, and it is user friendly.
- Both Automation systems can get triggered after performing a set of actions like Newsletter subscription, Registration, Purchases, Clicks, Open and more..
You can manually set the triggers and action points while setting the automation system. Some of the key points by which you can trigger the autoresponder in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp are:
- Subscribing Newsletter – When your website visitor can subscribe to the newsletter, you can trigger your autoresponder to perform the action like Sending Ebooks, Guides, and the latest post regularly and more.
- Signup – When someone signup on your website then you can trigger your autoresponder to send the Welcome message.
- Purchases – When someone purchases your products or services from your website, then you can send the order details, tracking links, welcome message, and more.
- Birthday Wishes – You can also set up your autoresponder in such a way so that they can wish your subscriber automatically with the personalized birthday email on your behalf.
There are some different features in Getresponse vs Mailchimp are:
In Getresponse, you can set the specific rule in a flow chart to trigger the autoresponder. Getresponse has recently launched the push notification features by which you can send the notification with a message when the user triggers your automation system.
Getresponse Autoresponder is userfriendly and it does not need tech-savvy to set up and understand that how to make the system work for you
In Mailchimp, you can also set the specific rule to trigger the autoresponder, but if the user landed in the Middle of your rule directly, then they bounce back to the beginning of the rule, and this feature is very messy.
Pre Built Templates Design and Fliexibility
In Getresponse, you will find more than 500+ Pre-built HTML professional designed mobile responsive editable templates of Opt-in Pages, Sales pages, Promo pages, Download pages, Video landing pages, Thankyou pages, Webinar, and About pages.
You can also import your own deigned HTML template in Getresponse or customize a new template using the Drag and Drop features.
In Mailchimp, you can only get around 100 Pre-designed templates of email, Ecommerce newsletter, and sales pages, and you can also import your own designed templates or design using the Drag and Drop Builder.
Email Designing options are available in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp.
- As discussed in the above section, you can use the pre-designed email template or drag and drop features to design the email.
- In Getresponse, you can import a custom-made HTML Template in all plans, but in Mailchimp, you need a Standard or Premium plan to import your custom-made templates.
- You can design the mobile-responsive email templates in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp.
- in getresponse, you can use all Google fonts but in Mailchimp you can only use 35 fonts to design your email.
Landing Page Designing
In Getresponse, you can find hundreds of pre-designed landing page templates, or you can import HTML templates or make a new template using drag and drop features.
In Mailchimp, you cannot find the landing page template; you can only import the pre-designed HTML template if you subscribed to the Standard or Premium plans, or you can use the drag and drop feature to design a new one.
Web Forms & Surveys
There are many types of forms like Signup form, Subscribe Form, Profile Update Form, Registration Form, Survey Form, and more are available in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp.
In Getresponse, you can choose the pre-designed Form & Surveys templates or import prebuilt HTML Form, or you can make a new form using drag and drop features.
In Mailchimp, you can only use the basic template of Forms, but if you want to import the pre-designed forms, you have to subscribe for Standard or Premium plans or use the drag and drop feature to design a new one.
Getresponse has dedicated funnel building options from where you can make different types of automated funnel-like Lead Funnel, Sale Funnel, Conversion Funnel, and Webinar Funnel.
- Lead Funnel: It helps you to generate the lead for your business.
- Sale Funnel: It will help you to turn your website visitors into customers.
- Conversion Funnel: It is the type of funnel where you describe the different stages of the buyer’s purchase journey.
- Webinar Funnel: You can promote your Free, Paid, or Pre Recorded webinars using the Webinar Funnel options.
In Mailchimp, you can only make the basic lead, sales, and conversion funnel. As Mailchimp does not focus on Funnel building, you must follow the complex process to make a simple funnel.
As compared to Getresponse, you cannot make the advance funnel in Mailchimp, and also, the webinar funnel options are not available in Mailchimp.
A/B Testing (Split Testing)
In simple words, A/B Testing helps you to choose the winning campaign between two campaigns when you send the different copies of the email to other groups of subscribers.
In all plans of the Getresponse, you can use five different versions of your email to find the best-performing emails. You can use the other subject lines and Content for split testing.
In Getresponse, there are slider options by which you can test your different email copies. If you have two different copies of the email and 100K subscribers in your contact list, then first send both copies email to only 5% of your subscribers, and check which emails are performed better and have a high open rate. Then send the winning email copies to the rest of the subscribers.
In Mailchimp, you can only do the A/B testing of 3 different versions if you have subscribed to the Essentials, Standard plans. In the Premium plan, you can do the A/B testing of 8 Different email copies. As Getresponse, you can also test the different subjects and content for split testing in Mailchimp.
The design editor is one of the essential features because here, we can use the drag and drop features to design the email, landing page, newsletter, funnel, and more.
As both Getresponse vs Mailchimp has a design editor so here I am pointing out the features of both email marketing software, so check and choose the best email marketing tools as per your business requirements
Getresponse Design Editor Features
- Responsive – It helps you to create responsive, engaging, and beautiful designs.
- Sections: With the section feature, you can divide a row into different columns by which you can quickly and easily design your templates using the drag & drop feature.
- Blocks: In each section, you can use the blocks like Text, Image, Video, Button, Spacer, Divider, Social, HTML, and more.
- Social Sharing: You can use both predefined share and follow buttons in your template.
- Google Fonts – You have the option to use all the Google fonts.
- Hide on Mobile – You have the option to hide any elements, sections, and blocks on the mobile device so that your template looks neat and clean.
- Photo Editor – You can edit the uploaded photos in the Design Editor dashboard before using them on the template.
- Design Preview – Before saving your template, you can use these options to preview your template on all sizes of devices.
- Settings: In this option, you can change the subject line, Recipients, sending email, and more.
Mailchimp Design Editor Features
- Responsive – It helps you to create the responsively designed templates
- Sections – The section option is not available in Mailchimp
- Blocks: The features of blocks are as same as Getresponse, but it does not have the options to add the Custom HTML. You can add Images, Text, Videos, Buttons, Spacer, Divider in your template.
- Social Sharing: You can only add the social sharing button to your template.
- Google Fonts: There are only 30 google fonts are available in Mailchimp design editor.
- Hide on Mobile: This option is not available in Mailchimp design editor.
- Photo Editor – This option is not available in Mailchimp design editor.
- Design Preview: Only basic Desktop and Mobile previews are available.
- Settings: This option is not available on Mailchimp design editor; you have to do this after setting up the campaign manually on other website.
The main interfaces of both Getresponse vs Mailchimp are so user-friendly. They both have a clean design, navigations with minimal complexions.
Getresponse is available in more than 25 languages and their support team can help you in 8 different languages.
Mailchimp is only available in the English language, but you can translate your email using the auto-translate feature in more than 50+ Languages. Mailchimp support team can provide you the support in Spanish and English language.
Spam & Design Testing
The design, content, and subject line decide whether your email will land in your email subscribers’ Primary, Promotional, or Spam folder. So it is very important to check all aspects before launching your email campaign.
Getresponse has the feature of checking the spam score in just a click before launching your email campaign. If there are some errors by which your email can land in spam or promotional folder, then they give you the warning.
Mailchimp does not have any features by which you can check the spam score of your email. you have to check your email score using another website like mail-tester.com.
Securing your email marketing tools is very important because it contains all the data of your subscribers, which you have to protect from scammers, spammers, and Hackers.
They also have very secured servers which their professional cyber-security experts monitor 24*7*365, so there is no chance that this company server will get hacked and your data leaked online.
For their clients, they provide you the Two Factor Authentication options by which you can protect your data from your side.
Getresponse recently launched a new chat feature in all their plan by which you can directly chat to your subscribers or landing page visitor without leaving the Getresponse dashboard. If you have enabled this option, then when you send the email to your subscribers, there is a link included in that email or in the bottom corner of your landing page by which your subscriber can talk to you directly.
Mailchimp does not provide the chat feature in any of their plans.
In Getresponse, push notification is the feature by which you can send any notification to your push notification subscribers. If someone visited your website and subscribed for the push notification, not the email newsletter, so when you launch the push notification, the subscriber can see the notification on their browser or mobile notification feeds.
Mailchimp does not have a push notification feature in any of their plans.
Analytics & Reporting
Analytics and Reporting are the backbones of Email marketing. With the help of Analytics and Reporting, you quickly understand your audience, find out your audience interest, monitor your ROI, and more. Both Getresponse vs Mailchimp have the analytics option available in their dashboard.
In both Getresponse vs Mailchimp analytics and reporting option you can easily find out
- Total number of sent email
- Total number of Open Email
- Total Number of Bounced Email
- Total Number of Operations Performed via Mail
- Campare two Campaign side by side
- Monitor Mobile vs Desktop client performance
Customer care support options are available in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp which provide the best customer experience.
Getresponse has a dedicated customer support team available 24*7 all days and can assist you in 8 different languages. You can contact customer support by just emailing or by live chatting.
In Mailchimp, you can contact the support team via Email or Live Chat (Weekdays 24 Hours). But if you have subscribed for the premium plans, you can get the live chat support 24*7 all days, and you can also get help on call.
With the help of a website builder, you can launch the basic website for your company. In both Getresponse vs Mailchimp, you will get the inbuilt features of Website Builder.
In all the Plans, of Getresponse you will get the AI-Powered Code Free Website Builder; it means that Getresponse will develop the basic website for your business in just a click. You only have to answer some of the questions about your business. Before launching your website, you can also change the content and design of your website using the drag and drop feature.
Mailchimp also has the website builder, but it is not available on the Free plan. In another plan of Mailchimp, you can choose pre-designed website templates or design your website using the drag and drop feature.
Different Level of Accounts
If you are starting the Email Marketing journey for your business, then, in the beginning, you can easily manage the whole marketing by own. But, as time passes by and you have reached thousands of subscribers, you may need someone who can handle the email marketing on your behalf.
In Getresponse, the Multi-user function is called a Team. If you want to use the team options, you have to subscribe to the Plus and Professional Plan.
- In the Plus plan, you can create and assign the three roles to your team member. The three predefined roles in Getresponse are Administrator, Designer, and Marketer; you can use it or make your role and only assign one role to a team member.
- In the Professional plan, you can create and assign the five roles to your team member. If you do not want to use the predefined role, you can make a new role and assign only one role to a team member.
In Mailchimp, you can only access the Multi-user options if you have subscribed for the Essential, Standard, or Premium Plan. The multi-User option is not available in Free Plan.
- In the Essential Plan, you can only create and assign the three roles to your team member.
- In the Standard Plan, you can only create and assign the five roles to your team member.
- In the Premium Plan, you can create and assign unlimited roles to unlimited team members.
In both Getresponse vs Mailchimp, all the role have their credentials and permission, so they can log in individually and only do their work for which admin assigns them.
Creating Data Segment
In Both Getresponse vs Mailchimp, you can create the data segment and save them. It means dividing the data of your contacts into different categories like interest base, age-based, gender base, and more.
In Getresponse, you can send the email to your subscribers to all the selected database segments at once.
In Mailchimp, you can only send the email to one database segment at a time.
The various app, tools, and platform integration options are available in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp, but some of the features may differ in both platforms like
In Getresponse, you can integrate only 100 – 150, but in Mailchimp, you can integrate more than 200+ apps, tools, and platforms, if you want to take your business to the next level using email marketing. Some of the popular platforms that you can integrate are Shopify, WordPress, Zapier, Facebook, Paypal, Firebase, Vimeo, Stripe, and more.
Personalization plays an essential role in increasing the CTR (Click Through Rate) of your email because the email looks like the manually created personalized email to the subscriber.
Email Personalization is available in Getresponse vs Mailchimp, but in Getresponse, you can find the more personalization option than Mailchimp.
Facebook and Google Ads
Using the Integration option in both Getresponse vs Mailchimp, you can easily Integrate your Facebook and Google Ads account to create, design, and run your ads campaign in the Platform like Facebook, Instagram, or Google. These options help you to build the targeted email list and may generate leads and sales.
Pros and Cons : Getresponse vs Mailchimp
Pros of Getresponse
- Professional designed PreBuilt Email, Landing Page & Newsletter template.
- Easy Drag & Drop builder.
- Split Testing Functionality
- One Month Free Trial
- No Email sending limits
- Webinar Marketing
- Webinar Hosting from where you can host Free or Paid Webinars
- Chat options are available in Email Newsletter and Landing Pages
- You can only be charged for the Active number of subscribers.
- Flow chart style Automation system
- Automation Trigger by Event
- 99% Email Deliverability.
- Push Notification
- AI-Powered Website Builder
- Special Discount on one year plan.
- Available in 27 Different Language
- Customer support in 8 Languages
- One-click Spam testing features
- Live customer support chat available 24 * 7 (Weekdays and Weekends)
Cons of Getresponse
- You will get charged for the Duplicate Contacts.
- Auto translate email options are not available.
Pros of Mailchimp
- Free plan available for Beginners who have less than 2000 subscribers
- Cheaper Plan Available for Small Businesses
- Integration Available for more than 200+ App, Tools, and Platform
- User-Friendly Interface Available
- In Premium Plan, you can create unlimited number of role.
- Auto translate email in more than 35+ Language.
Cons of Mailchimp
- Less than 100 Prebuilt templates are available for newsletters, Emails and Website.
- Only Basic Designed Email Builder is available with limited features.
- Email sending limits.
- You also have to pay for the unsubscribed users.
- Split Testing features are limited.
- Spam Testing features are not available.
- Not all features are available on all plans.
- Only available in the English language.
- Customer support is available in only Spanish and English.
- The Push Notification feature is not available.
- Chat Feature is Not Available.
- Only get the chat support 24 Hours on weekdays.
As promised, In this article, I have discussed all the features, pros, and cons of Getresponse vs Mailchimp, so now you can decide to choose the best Email marketing software for your business.
According to my recommendation, you have to choose Getresponse over Mailchimp because you will find more features and Functionality in Getresponse.